cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation linking failed in VS 2017 community edition

Michael N
Associate II

Hi , In TouchGFX designer I've added some custom C++ code to button interactions (something like "button.setState(!button.getState());" - simulation inside the Designer executes good, so I believe the code is not an issue).

Generation code was successful , simulation run inside Designer also succeeded.

But added C++ functionality was not as expected,so I decided to debug the execution code

I've opened "Application.sln" located in ProjectRoot/simulator/msvs directory .

Then tried to build ,solved text and images generation issues ,and in the end received linker error :

Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall FrontendApplicationBase::FrontendApplicationBase(class Model &,class FrontendHeap &)" (??0FrontendApplicationBase@@QAE@AAVModel@@AAVFrontendHeap@@@Z)	Application	ProjectRoot\TouchGFX\simulator\msvs\FrontendApplication.obj	1	

Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall FrontendApplicationBase::gotoScreen1ScreenNoTransition(void)" (?gotoScreen1ScreenNoTransition@FrontendApplicationBase@@QAEXXZ)	Application	ProjectRoot\TouchGFX\simulator\msvs\main.obj	1	

Error	LNK1120	2 unresolved externals	Application	ProjectRoot\TouchGFX\build\Release\bin\Application.exe	1	

Tried in Visual Studio Community and Professional 2017 under Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7 x64 ,with Microsoft SDK v141. Received same error for Debug and Release configurations .

The above mentioned files (FrontedAppication.hpp , FrontedHeap.hpp) located (from VS 2017 Solution Explorer perspective) in "Header Files/gui/common" directory .

The "FrontedApplication.cpp" located in "Source Files/gui/common"

If somebody faced similar problem, help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1 REPLY 1
Michael N
Associate II