cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about refreshing a screen.

tmehok
Associate III

I have made multiple post at this point attempting to figure out why .invalidate is not working properly on my board. The thing is, all the examples programs work just fine. So either I am generating code in the wrong order or there is a different way to display and refresh the WIGITS on the screen without using .invalidate.

QUESTION:

Is there other methods or libraries I can use that the examples for my board utilize to refresh their screen that doesn't cause it to tear? There has to be a way animation play out and look smooth over time. The board I am using is the STM32H735G-DK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @tmehok ,

When a widget or an UI component is manipulated, usually it automatically requests an update for the next frame. Sometimes this request should be made manually, which is done by calling the invalidate() function. You can read about how the TouchGFX Graphic Engine works here.
There are some tips about how to optimize the performance of invalidation that are available in the Optimize Performance by Invalidating Content document. 
If you are planning to use animations for screen transitions, then you need to define a separate buffer to help the process. The process is thoroughly explained in the Animation Storage document.

So, to answer your question, there are no other libraries to use with TouchGFX, and no tearing should happen naturally. If tearing is happening, investigation should be done to find out the cause of it. 

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @tmehok ,

When a widget or an UI component is manipulated, usually it automatically requests an update for the next frame. Sometimes this request should be made manually, which is done by calling the invalidate() function. You can read about how the TouchGFX Graphic Engine works here.
There are some tips about how to optimize the performance of invalidation that are available in the Optimize Performance by Invalidating Content document. 
If you are planning to use animations for screen transitions, then you need to define a separate buffer to help the process. The process is thoroughly explained in the Animation Storage document.

So, to answer your question, there are no other libraries to use with TouchGFX, and no tearing should happen naturally. If tearing is happening, investigation should be done to find out the cause of it. 

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX