cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with video widget and FrontendApplication

BDELI.2
Associate II

On a custom screen which contains a VideoWidget, I added a button that calls a callback to go back to another screen. I switch the screen as it's suggested from ST by calling

static_cast<FrontendApplication*>(Application::getInstance())->gotoHomeScreen();

This way of doing works on all my screens, but on the video screen it crashes the program when the tick event gets called :

FrontendApplicationBase::handleTickEvent();

When I remove the video widget of my view, the problem disappears.

Is there a way to solve the issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Maybe something to try would be to stop the video (<name of videowidget>.stop() function) before you call the gotoHomeScreen() function if it is a conflict with the handleTickEvent() from the video widget 🤔.

/Romain

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Does it also happen if you create in this screen an interaction "go to <screen name>" ? You can just create a dummy interaction with as trigger a fake hardware button for example, and call the function generated to go to that screen in the <screen name>Viewbase.cpp .

/Romain

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Maybe something to try would be to stop the video (<name of videowidget>.stop() function) before you call the gotoHomeScreen() function if it is a conflict with the handleTickEvent() from the video widget 🤔.

/Romain

BDELI.2
Associate II

@Romain DIELEMAN​ you're right the problem is that I didn't called the video.stop().

But what's strange is that I have to call it from the presenter, if I call it from the view, it doesn't work.