cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Scrollable Container and text

MWetter
Associate III

Hello everyone 🙂

I've got some problems with the Scrollable Container. I created a small application based on the "Scrollable Container example". If I scroll the text, there are some issues. There is a delay between scrolling and the updated display of the text. It does not run smoothly.

It does not matter if I enable scrolling vertical, horizontal or both.

But on the other screen is a (horizontal) Scroll List with 12 Icons. There is no problem.

It works perfectly. If anyone has a hint for me....

Thank you very much

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you provide more information or images on what issue you are facing with texts (maybe your project or code as well) ? What are you trying to do exactly ? How did you implement it ? What version of TouchGFX are you using ?

/Romain

MWetter
Associate III

Oh sorry I forgot some things 🙂

Our evaluation board is the STM32H7B3-dk with a custom display (5", 800x480).

We use FreeRTOS, external SDRAM.

It works perfectly. There is just this one problem.

We used TouchGFX V4.15 with CubeMX 6.3 and CubeIDE1.5.1.

I had a weird issues with H7 too. It was memory performance issues, and finally they were solved with correct CM7 memory protection (caching and buffering). Check STM guidelines AN4861 "Creating a graphical application with LTDC" / section 4.6 Special recommendations for Cortex-M7 (STM32F7/H7) mentioned by @SofLit reply to my problem: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000001N9NY/detail?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050X000007vlPS&emtm=1640338065814

Thank you. I'll check it 🙂