cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OV2640 on STM32F446ZE using DCMI DMA and UART with NUCLEO board

lanotted
Associate II

Hello,

I’ve been working for a few weeks on a personal project concerning cameras with OV2640 sensors. I am using a MCU F446ZE mounted on NUCLEO board. As you can see from the product tab, to use this card for cameras, implies the use of various links. After reading the ST application note about these cameras, I set to work to create a firmware that could, through the DCMI port, save my data (in my case i want a JPEG) in memory and then use the UART port to view data related to my photo. I’ve seen that many have posted these kinds of questions, but no one has post either a solution or a tutorial. Reading the OMINIVISION manuals, I tried to follow all the steps they provide for setting up registers. The problem is that, when I try to write some registers, on terminal I get the error that I could not write. At this point I turned to the web, where I found some interesting solutions regarding the code. Of course my starting code has changed a lot, but I was never able to visualize anything on the UART. I ask you for help in solving my problem. At the moment therefore I do not have any kind of result other than to write some registers with the use of I2C. I enclose the images of the project and the code of the main and the camera part. There is a bit of disorder, but do not pay attention

10 REPLIES 10
achovy
Associate II

Hi @lanotted ,

If you don't mind, can you share the code of OV2640?

I'm working on a similar project.