cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo STM32F446ZE and USB HS

FMaup.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to implement USB HS based on the USB PHY USB3300 (using board waveshare USB3300 ULPI) and STM32F446ZE (using Nucleo STM32F446ZE). I am using code sample from STM cube to run the trials.

Board are connected with short wires (as short as possible). Later i will use a dedicated PCB with optimal routing. 

Firstly, i am able to communicate successfully over USB High Speed with my PC Host when i use the board waveshare USB3300 ULPI and the Nucleo STM32F446RE (Nucleo-64 featuring the device STM32F446RE in LQFP64 package).

Secondly, as i need more GPIOs for the application, i must use the STM32F446ZE in LQFP144 package. So i now use the Nucleo-144 STM32F446ZE with the same board waveshare USB3300 ULPI. 

With this new Nucleo hardware i can access  the registers of the USB3000 (write and read operation are successful) but i cannot establish USB communication. 

I am using USB Monitor Pro to check the communication and the USB communication cannot be established (as shown below)

I have already tried with different boards and improve the wiring between both boards but i don't understand why the communication over ULPI works but the USB don't  with the new hardware (same MCU). 

Does someone have ideas or similar issue with these hardware ?

Thanks a lot

USBissue.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Roger SHIVELY
ST Employee

Hello @FMaup.1 

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Regards,

Roger