cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F746ZG + 7" 800x480 SSD1963 16-bit FMC

ALomb
Senior

I successfully implemented (via CubeMX) an application to manage the display.

So FMC initialization is correct, as are the prmitive to interact with the LCD

I would now like use TouchGFX.

I have read in the various posts that it can be done.

My problem is: where to start?

I have searched for a long time in the forum, but we are referring to older versions of the TouchGFX Designer.

The ideal would be an HowTo to create a Custom Application Template for a project generated with CubeMX and Atollic (or SW4STM32).

17 REPLIES 17
ALomb
Senior

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I create a new project in CubeMX IDE for my board (WaveShare Open746I).

based on a working project I configured:

SystemClock;

FMC;

SDRAM (mapped to 0xd0000000);

LTDC;

DMA;

DMA2D;

CRC;

I also created a simple application through the TouchGFX Designer.

This is what I see on the LCD

0690X000009YbqSQAS.jpg

What could be the problem ? How to debug?

Through debugger, if I try to modify the frame buffer in external memory (0xd0000000) I see the changes on the LCD correctly.

Best Regards

/Antonello

HVale.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am currently trying to interface a screen of this type with a stm32f746zg, without success.

Could you tell me how you did it? Which library did you use?

Do you have an example?

Best Regards,

Valentin

ALomb
Senior

Hello @HVale.1​ ,

which display are you referring to? During the discussion I changed hardware.

The one based on SSD1963 or the other?

Anyway:

• SSD1963 LCD: I used embedded wizard. The only thing you need to pay attention to is FMC configuration. I have attached my configuration. I give up this architecture because it was slow compared to the other based on LTDC and TouchGFX;
  • Other LCD: I started from the examples downloaded from the Waveshare website and I used the various initialisations (FMC, LTDC, DMA2D etc) to develop an application based on STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX Designer 4.13. I have attached ioc file

Best Regards

Antonello

ALomb
Senior

sorry, the other file!

HVale.1
Associate II

Hello ,

I'm referring to the ssd1963 (displaytech INT070ATFT-TS screen)

My problem is that I can't find a library compatible with the stm32f746ZG for this screen and I have a lot of difficulties to make it work.

I looked to adapt the library provided by displaytech (initially intended for the 32 PICs), without success.

Best regards,

Valentin

HVale.1
Associate II

I just tried to open the configuration file on the STM32CubeIDE ide, but I can't do it :\

apronin47
Associate II

Hello! I have a similar problem when using TuchGFX and ssd1963 based display.

I have a custom board with a stm32f407vgt6 controller. From this FSMC links to control the display based on ssd1963 through 16bit interface. Can I use the capabilities of TouchGFX in this situation? When using STEmwin, this was not a problem, since STEmwin has a driver for ssd1963 based displays.