cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWS! STM32H7R7/S7 Product line for graphics

Dear all,

We are very happy to announce that the new STM32H7R7/S7 graphics line is launched, offering even higher performance and memory flexibility. 

The main graphics benefits are:

1: Rich graphics features: NeoChrom GPU, LTDC, JPEG Codec, Chrom-ART

2: 2x Quad or octoSPI, 1x 8/16bit Serial RAM interface at 200MHz DTR, 1x 32bit FMC for SDRAM.

3: 64Kbytes of userflash, large enough to fit your boot code, and small enough to make an impact on the price, making it the cheapest STM32H7 to date. still with 60Kbytes of SRAM. 

4: MCE: on-the-fly encrypt and encrypt of your code and data. 

5: Run multiple applications with one MCU. 

6: Future proof your design by not running out of memory. 

SorenMyllerupMIKKELSEN_0-1711118707387.gif

STM32 software and hardware tools available:

For more information:

12 REPLIES 12

It does run under wine.  I use it with bottles and it does have 100% functionality under Linux a bit a little slow.  It appears that TouchGFX was started with 100% Microsoft Kool Aid built in.  They even went with the MS Model View Presenter paradigm when the rest of the known world uses a more friendly Model View Controller design.  Because of this, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Linux version.

ACapo.1
Senior

One other thing I did not realise is the Vector Graphics stuff is missing from the STM32H7R7/S7

One interesting thing though is the SVG rendering seems to be using some hardware help, or is maybe just much more efficient.

Taking a SVG for a 150x150 square and seeing how many it could rotate without dipping under 30fps:

touchgfx::SVGImage (simple filled square shape)
  Neochrom, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 24%
  MPUOnly, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 32%
  DmaAccel, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 26%

Now useing a touchgfx::Shape 150x150 square:

touchgfx::Shape<4> &     touchgfx::PainterRGB565 (simple white square)
  Neochrom, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 96%
  MPUOnly, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 98%
  DmaAccel, 11 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 92%

Very weird.

For rotating bitmaps though the Neocrom gives a good performance increase:

touchgfx::TextureMapper (TouchGFX Gradient Embossed)
  Neochrom, 13 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 18%
  MPUOnly, 13 objects at 12fps, MPU usage = 94%. for 30fps: 4 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 78%
  DmaAccel, 13 objects at 12fps, MPU usage = 91%. for 30fps: 4 objects at 30fps, MPU usage = 75%

So in general it looks like the best bet is to pre render everything into bitmaps and use `touchgfx::TextureMapper`.

You will be out of luck, no need to order any such board.
ST doesn't have any documented or supported GPU2D solutions, yet.