cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hardware working problem.

Yunus ARI
Senior

Hi everyone,

We working on a project with touchgfx software. We designed a new hardware for this project. Our custom hardware has this components;

• STM32F746BET processor
  • IS42S16800F-7TLI SDRAM (128Mb , 143MHz)
  • MT25QL128ABA1EW9 QUAD SPI NOR FLASH (128Mb, 133MHz)

We able to access flash and ram. Code able to work in processor.

When I want to draw a box or something that can be drawable with code, screen working fine.

But when I want to draw an image from flash, screen go crazy.

You can see an example this situation;

0690X00000BwmLWQAZ.jpg

What can you say about it? Is this can be fixed with software or we need to review our hardware?

Thanks in advance :).

26 REPLIES 26

So can you try what i suggested? 🙂 It's another handle to ensure that ChromART is not accessing memory while the LTDC is (if available). which could cause memory contention issues depending on hardware layout

I tried this now. Unfortunately it's not solve our problem :( .

I will back to the flash hardware control. Probably I can program flash well but when dma start to read data, flash doing something wrong.

I'm glad it didn't solve it - That would not have been good.

As you've tried now, with image in internal vs external, chromART just takes the data that is there and transfers it. If it works in internal and not in external, yes there maybe something wrong with flash access

Let me know what you figure out. I'll think some more too.

/Martin

HP
Senior III

really looks like the External flash is not being loaded properly.

how do you load the external flash? Using Cube-Programmer or something else?

Cube-Programmer can both read and write to your flash using the external loader (<-- this is most likely the culprit)

I spend quite some time on that loader and there's very little info to go on. can you make absolutely sure that your loader is working?

I ended up with using the exact same QSPI chip as on the dev-board and lucky for me I was able to obtain an external loader with my pin-configuration (something to look out for as well!)

I loaded flash with using IAR 8.20 ide. I can see inside the memory when debugging. I compared flash and sram when program running. I added a picture of this debug in previous posts. I quite sure flash is loaded properly.

But does the IAR project have a specific external flashloader configured? But you did say that you'd verified the contents of the external flash with the pixel data of the generated image.

/Martin

Yes, I controlled this also. Pixel data and loaded flash is same.