cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Developing GT2931 Goodix TouchGFX Controller Driver on STM32

Paulo Rego
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a project that requires developing a driver for the Goodix GT2931 capacitive touch controller using an STM32 microcontroller. While I’ve set up basic I2C communication in STM32CubeMX, I'm struggling with the driver code implementation.

Challenges:

1. Register Mapping: I’m unsure about the correct register addresses for the GT2931. If anyone has experience or documentation, I’d appreciate guidance.

2. I2C Communication: I'm facing issues with structuring I2C read/write sequences. Any code snippets or explanations would be helpful.

3. Touch Data Handling:
- Reading Coordinates: Need help understanding how to correctly read and interpret touch data.
- Interrupts: Advice on handling touch interrupts efficiently would be great.

Request:

- Sample Driver Code: If anyone has a driver for the GT2931 or similar, sharing it would be very helpful.
- Best Practices: Tips on optimizing I2C communication, reset timing, and accurate touch data capture.
- MCU: STM32H743IIT6
Any assistance—whether sample code, advice, or documentation—would make a big difference in my project. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Paulo rego

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Paulo Rego,

Unfortunately, there is nothing called "GT2931 Goodix TouchGFX Controller Driver". Did you mean Touch Controller Driver

Usually, the manufacturer provides the drivers for their controllers, however, if it is not the case for you, I think you should change the title and label of your post and move it to a section more related to hardware (like STM32 MCUs Boards and hardware tools), so the experts can help you. TouchGFX is an application for creating Graphical User Interfaces.

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thank you for your response and the clarification. I understand that TouchGFX is primarily for creating graphical user interfaces, and I appreciate your guidance on posting in the correct section.

I will repost my query in the "STM32 MCUs Boards and hardware tools" section, as it is more related to hardware. Just to clarify, I am currently working on implementing a touch controller driver for the Goodix GT2931 on an STM32 platform. Although there isn't a specific "GT2931 Goodix TouchGFX Controller Driver," I do have a generic driver that was originally developed for Linux.

My goal is to adapt this Linux driver to work with STM32, particularly integrating it with TouchGFX for handling touch inputs. I'm facing some challenges, especially with I2C communication and the correct mapping of touch coordinates.

Again, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll be posting the updated question in the appropriate section shortly.

Regards,
Paulo rego

I see.

If you already have a driver code, maybe you can use this documentation to get your touch controller up and running. When you have succeeded, then you can follow this guidance to coordinate TouchGFX with your touch controller.

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX