cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSVC project file generated by GFX Designer not the same as generated by MSVC

ferro
Senior II

Hi GFX Team,

When I open MSVC file generated by GFX Designer in MSVC IDE and save it without any change, it is different from what GFX Designer generated. While it is just a space which is missing, the file is flagged by eg versioning tool.

ferro_1-1700042757375.png

Could you possibly add that extra space between quotation mark and forward slash at the end of self-closing tag please ?

And 2nd difference is an extra new/empty line at the end of the MSVC file

ferro_2-1700042900030.png

Thank you

Ferro

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @ferro 

I tried to replicate the issue you mentioned, but I didn't face it, and I didn't fully understand how it is happening. When you open the generated project in any IDE (not just MSVC), it should stay intact if you do not apply any changes. 
Can you elaborate more on how to replicate the issue?

Thanks

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL 

Thank you for testing this on your side.

I think this is caused by changes in how MSVC IDE generated/stores its project files.

First I delete all files autogenerated by GFXDesigner:

Application.vcxproj.filters
Application.sln
Application.vcxproj 

Then I generate them again.
When I open the Application.sln, my MSVC IDE asks me to convert project files to my version of tools (Version 16.11.27)

ferro_0-1700585520612.png

After pressing OK the spaces are added to Application.vcxproj as I showed in my initial post.

Hello @ferro ,

I tried it again, but still no changes. So, as you mentioned, the problem is most likely from MSVC. If it's possible for you, try it with another version of MSVC (specially, the newer ones). 
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL 

No problem. But interesting. Similar incompatibility is present with uVision project.uvprojx file.

ferro_1-1701179615551.png

GFX Designer adds closing tags and when I open the project.uvprojx with uVision IDE, those closing tags are removed. Obviously, there are some differences between how GFX designer generates XML files and uVision/MSVC. Maybe these discrepancies will dissapear over time.

Thanks

Ferro