cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTDC565 to LCD RGB888

MSm
Associate II

Hi everyone,

According to AN486, It's possible to connect a "RGB666 display panel" to a MCU with RGB888 LTDC peripheral. (Uploaded Picture).

Now, Is it passible to connect a "RGB888 display panel" to a MCU which equipped by LTDC565 peripheral? How is connections?

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, but with decreased color resolution.

The usual way is to connect the LSB bits to the available LSB, i.e. connect panel's R0+R1+R2+R3 to controller's (mcu's) R0 (observing pin loading), R4 to R1, R5 to R2, R6 to R3 and R7 to R4; other colors similarly.

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, but with decreased color resolution.

The usual way is to connect the LSB bits to the available LSB, i.e. connect panel's R0+R1+R2+R3 to controller's (mcu's) R0 (observing pin loading), R4 to R1, R5 to R2, R6 to R3 and R7 to R4; other colors similarly.

JW

Thank you

Dear JW

Hi, I got similar situation about connecting LTDC(RGB565) to a LTFT LCD Panel (RGB888) while using STM32H7B0VBTx. When using STM32CubeMx by selecting RGB565 Display type, the Pinout View shows high bits of RGB color, i.e. LTDC_R3, LTDC_R4, LTDC_R5, LTDC_R6, and LTDC_R7.

According to the suggestion you gave, whether I should connect panel's R0+R1+R2+R3 to LTDC_R3, and then R4 to LTDC_R4, R5 to LTDC_R5, R6 to LTDC_R6, and R7 to LTDC_R7?

I had tried to connect similar way (LTDC_R3~R7 connect to panel's R3~R7) except connecting panels R0, R1, R2 to GND, and I've got weird Red color (more like pink color, shown in attached file) while set all LTDC R bits to 1. Any suggestion on what the connection should be?

Thanks for the help.