cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Framerate in STM32F429i Disco With 7" TFT 800x480 LCD (RGB)

Caan
Associate III

I have setup STM32F429i Disco With 7" TFT 800x480 LCD (RGB) and 18 Bit Interface but I am getting very low frame rates as shown in video

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, at least the STM32F7, even faster with the STM32H7.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Caan​, to the community!

In the STM32F429I-DISC1 with such extensive graphics, the STM32 has to work with external memory. In addition, the external memory bus and the clock frequency are still a bit limited on the STM32F429. All data traffic must therefore be squeezed through this pinhole, which leads to the observed slow behaviour.

With younger STM32s such as the STM32H7, the effect should be much weaker to imperceptible.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your reply, I got it, The memory MCU bandwith is limited so we need to select a faster MCU like STM32F750 To interface 800x480 (18 bit RGB), Right!

Correct, at least the STM32F7, even faster with the STM32H7.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

Caan
Associate III

How to calculate the frame rate of any given MCU and sram with the given resolution size of the given MCU​