cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746 Discovery kit touch controller sensivity

RobertoF
Associate II

Dear All,

I'm developing on STM32F746 Discovery kit and I need to change the FT5336 touch controller sensivity because I need to cover the display with plexiglass.

I'm developing the project with TouchGfx tool.

I tried to search some documentation but I can't find anythings about.

Does someone know how to do it?

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello RobertoF,

Very good question! Unfortunately I can't help much on this, it's not really related to TouchGFX Designer so my knowledge on this is limited. But I guess you'll need to modify the FT5336 touch controller driver and decrease the sensivity from there. Try to analyze the datasheet and see if you find relevant information about it. I also invite you to contact Focal Tech which is the fabricant of this display and ask them.

I've also found this documentation online which might be a help.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
RobertoF
Associate II

Hi @Osman SOYKURT​ 

I've already contacted Focal Tech but currently I don't have any reply.

RobertoF
Associate II

Hi @Osman SOYKURT​ ,

I didn't find any official datasheet of the component.

I found only a datasheet (confidential) in the web, but into this there isn't any description about the registers.

I also find in ST community an applications note of similar device (the description of the registers seems to have a correspondence with the #define of the driver contained in the TouchGfx driver FC5336.h).

I tried to write the registers using the TS_IO_Write() function as in the code contained in the FC5336.c driver but then reading the same registers with the TS_IO_Read instruction, the values didn't change.

Thanks for your answer, I will try to search inside the application notes that you linked to me.

Hi Roberto.

I have the same problem, I have to detect trough a glass, but sensitivity is too low. I try to modify F5336 register address 0x80 , but no effect.

Have you made progress in your research ?

Best regards

Michel

RobertoF
Associate II

Hi Michel,

Unfortunately no! Sorry but ST doesn't have a solution and Focal Tech hasn't sent me any answer.

Best regards

Roberto