cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker errors and "Run target" fails

idrissmc
Associate III

hi everyone,

i wanted to create a project with touchGFX but there are errors, i just create the graphic interface, i didn't add any code!

even though when i tried to upload to my card an example it said error too!

how can i resolve this?

0690X00000BwBSfQAN.png

0690X00000BwBRIQA3.png0690X00000BwBRDQA3.png0690X00000BwBR8QAN.png

43 REPLIES 43
idrissmc
Associate III

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

i can now debug into QSPI, but when I created some images on TouchGFX, I can’t see them on the LCD when I debug but I still see texts and backgrounds made of boxes, only when I add images I can’t see them on the board, what do you think it could be the problem? :thinking_face:

Did you program the external flash? you need to specify a flashloader for that particular chip through stlink or stcubeprogrammer.

Yes @Martin KJELDSEN​ i did it, it works now but I think I have to program QUADSPI through CubeMX and not leave the default settings, when I did that it works, if I understand maybe when I generate code , the sittings (of QSPI) will interact with an other file(Im not sure) but when modify the prescaler and fifo it works, but I still not understanding what’s the flash size? I put 24 but 24 isn’t the size of the external flash! :thinking_face:

The flash size is the amount of bits you need to address your memory space. if you only had 8 bits you would only be able to address 256 bytes.

if you left-shift a 1 24 bits you get 16777216 - which is the total amount of bytes that you can address and that is available in a 128mbit QSPI chip