cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error with provided ARMCLANG library from TouchGfx 4.14.0

jimmii
Senior II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I just updated to 4.14.0. Now I get the linker as I got them in this thread (the problem was the short enums/wchar settings) https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlgbG2SQI/arm6-compiler-support

I can see that the armclang lib that comes with 4.14.0 is smaller than the version you provided in the thread.

Any thoughts?

Cheers /jimmii

43 REPLIES 43
fe3
Associate III

Hello Martin,

could you please provide a library for TouchGFX 4.18 for the Clang Compiler 6 by arm for the Cortex M7 processor with the compiler option short enum/wchar. Only then I can use the middleware of arm together with TouchGFX.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Here is the library with the option enum/wchar 👍

/Romain

Hello Romain,

thanks for the library. I tried to compile my project. With the new library I get the following error message:

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitCopyGlyph(unsigned char const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, touchgfx::colortype, unsigned char, touchgfx::BlitOperations) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitCopyARGB8888(unsigned short const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitCopy(unsigned short const*, unsigned char const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char, bool, unsigned short, touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat, touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitCopy(unsigned short const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char, bool) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitCopy(unsigned short const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char, bool, unsigned short, touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat, touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitFill(touchgfx::colortype, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

.\Objects\TouchTest1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol touchgfx::HAL::blitFill(touchgfx::colortype, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char, unsigned short, touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat) (referred from touchgfxgeneratedhal.o).

Do I need to include additional files in my MDK project in version 4.18? The same error message appears when I use the provided library without (short enums/wchar).

Regards

Ferdinand

Hello Romain,

my problem occurred because I upgraded the project from 4.17 to 4.18. I have set up the project again as a 4.18 project. After that I was able to compile everything without errors.

Thanks again for the library.

/Ferdinand