cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error with provided ARMCLANG library from TouchGfx 4.14.0

jimmii
Senior II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I just updated to 4.14.0. Now I get the linker as I got them in this thread (the problem was the short enums/wchar settings) https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlgbG2SQI/arm6-compiler-support

I can see that the armclang lib that comes with 4.14.0 is smaller than the version you provided in the thread.

Any thoughts?

Cheers /jimmii

43 REPLIES 43

Hi Jimmii, yes, my question was more - Does Keil support different versions of those mw libs? I've heard that.

I'm discussing this internally whether we can default to the keil mw settings, but if they supply multiple libs with different configurations then maybe not.

Ah ok. Well I never heard of different versions...

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ .

As far as I know there are no different versions of Keil Middleware, only the version that needs "-fshort-enums -fshort-wchar" as a compiler setting. If you're not using the Middleware then there is no real need for this compiler setting. But my project needs some of the Middleware for File System and Network access. And my supervising professor explicitly wants me to use the RTOS_2 RTX_5 from Keil as an embedded OS, so I'm bound to use uVision.

Many thanks in advance for your work.

Hi Joey,

Okay, i'll follow up on what Keil actually provides - But i'm sure you've done your investigation - In the mean time i will simply create a new lib for you so you can move on.

Try this!

Thanks @Martin KJELDSEN​ , works like a charm - as always. Thanks a lot!

@Martin KJELDSEN​ Much appreciated, thank you. It works very well with a new project. I'm still struggling a bit with updating my existing project to the new TouchGFX version, but I'm sure I will find a way. Thanks again!

Okay, I was blind. When updating my project file from 1.16.1 to 1.17 I didn't recognise that the Designer made a backup of the touchgfx Middleware and copied the new one into the directory. Now I replaced the .lib file of that new directory and everything works fine.

No problem! 🙂 Discussing internally if we can move to Keil MW default flags so i don't have to do it every release - Although it's nice to talk to you guys at least once ever release :D