cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to increase the flash speed for flashing a target from TouchGFX? I have the STM32F769I-Disco board.

WLewe
Associate III

7 REPLIES 7
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Not sure what you really mean ... Programming the internal flash in the F769 and the external QSPI? That's mainly governed by the MX25L51245:

mass erase 140 s and page (256 bytes) programming 0.25 ms typical. This gives approx. 205 s as lower bound for full 64 MBytes.

However, you won't ever come remotely close to this figure as the integrated ST-Link V2 supports at most 4 MHz SWD clock, that's the bottleneck. With ST-Link V3 you might come down to the theoretical lower bound, but: In contrast to the Nucleo boards it's a bit difficult to disconnect the integrated ST-Link and connect another one externally ...

TWebs.1
Associate III

If you haven't already, remove the verify step.

How do I remove the verify step? I am just pressing Run Target from within TouchGFX.

NOR Flash is a bit on the slow side erasing/writing.

Brighter bulbs may have facilitated the use of SDRAM or microSD card as a transitory debug memory during development cycles.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I want to be a brighter bulb. How would I go about facilitating the use of the SDRAM for this? Do you have any resources you can point me towards?

or perhaps SPI PSRAMs? (as used in some ESP32 modules I believe).

Sorry - thought you meant when programming/debugging with cubeide.