cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the "STM32H745I-DISCO" kit Supports TOUCHGFX?

Nikunj Patel
Associate III

I have purchased "STM32H745I-DISCO" kit.

I would like to works with "TOUCHGFX" with "STM32H745I-DISCO" kit.

I select the "STM32H745I-DISCO" kit in "Board Selector" in "STM32CubeMx" software.

I have not found "GRAPHICS" option in "Middleware" TAB in "Pinout & Configration".

Can you please provide the some clarity on it.

How can i deal with "STM32H745I-DISCO" along with "TOUCHGFX".

Can you please provide me the steps that how to enable "GRAPHICS" option.

Please, do needful for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Mon2
Senior III

Hi. My information to this question may be dated as we have not tested with the latest set of tools but ...

1) you are using the tools in the wrong order

2) close down the ST wizard and instead, launch the TouchGFX tool first

3) next follow the tool flow and search for your target kit. Do you see this exact kit? Select this kit and build a quick gui screen.

4) test the simple gui screen with the simulator. Working? If not fix it here first.

5) after the gui is confirmed to be working, select the button at the bottom right to Generate Code. This step will now launch the ST Wizard.

6) once inside the wizard, do not touch anything yet but proceed to compile the code as-is. Compiled ok? Test on the target kit - works on your kit with the simple gui like your simulation? If not, the tool chain integration is broken.

If this works, proceed to now customize through the ST Wizard tool to meet your requirements.​

Hope this helps.

Nikunj Patel
Associate III

Hello Sir,

First, I would like to thank you for your reply.

let me clear some of the points.

1. I have purchased "STM32H745I-DISCO" kit which is not listed in TOUCHGFX-Designer's "Application template".("STM32H750B-DK" kit is listed)

2. I am using the "STM32CubeMx" configuration Tool, not directly uses "TOUCHGFX-Designer". 

Let me provide you a complete steps.

1. Open "STM32CubeMx" and click on "ACCESS TO BOARD SELECTOR".

0690X00000BuxUGQAZ.png

2. First, I am choosing the "STM32F429I-DISCOVERY" board, where I can find the "GRAPHICS" Option in the "Middle-ware" TAB, so I can able to choose the "TOUCHGFX" as Graphics Framework. please find the below snapshot.

0690X00000BuxVOQAZ.png

0690X00000BuxWHQAZ.png

3. Close the "STM32CubeMx" and again open it.

4. Now, I am choosing the "STM32H745I-DISCO" board, where I can not find the "GRAPHICS" Option to works with "TOUCHGFX". please find the below snapshot.

0690X00000BuxWMQAZ.png

0690X00000BuxWRQAZ.png

Let me please clarify it. 

Is something missing from my side?(Like Configuration)

Please do needful for me.

Please Find the following version that is used by me.

STM32CubeMx = 5.4.0

TouchGFX = 4.12.3

STM32CubeIDE = 1.1.0

Gvan .1
Associate

Exact same problem.

Is STM32H745I-DISCO not supported?

FJahn.1
Associate II

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution ?

Gvan .1
Associate

Hello FJahn.1

I received the following message from STM support:

The support for additional software packages like X-Cube-TouchGFX for H7 Dual cores, is still on the way. I expect end of the year. But please note that one can still run TouchGFX ontehse MCUs, on either the M7 or M4 core.

For now there is this github project: https://github.com/chcbaram/stm32h745_discovery - this is including the BSP, and a TouchGFX project. 

I just simply switched to the STM32H750B-DK discovery board, which is supported.

Hi Gvan.

Thanks, I have given up on the 32H745i-DISCO board and have just ordered a STM32H747i DISCO, which should also be support.

Best regards,

Flemming