cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Stm32f769IIT feasible with ST7701 and NT35510MH LCD IC driver?

MYous.8
Associate II

I'm using DSI in video mode +LTDC in Stm32f769IITX to interface with LCD driver "ST7701"

and i am facing problems to display an image even i followed the manufacturer initialization sequence. so, i contacted with the the "ST7701" supplier which said that "STM mcu is not compatible with lcd driver "ST7701" ,"NT35510MH" as well.

22 REPLIES 22
TDK
Guru

> i contacted with the the "ST7701" supplier which said that "STM mcu is not compatible with lcd driver "ST7701" ,"NT35510MH" as well.

Seems like you got a pretty direct answer there. It's one thing if you read a random post that says something, but if the manufacturer of the LCD is saying it won't work, I would consider alternatives.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello,

I need more than "no". I need an answer for "why" to think in a work around solution and to make a better choice the next time.

ari_v2
Senior

Hi,

I'm also using the ST7701 lcd driver with stm32F469 and I'm facing problems.

Could you please tell me if you've solved your problem? Could you please share with me conclusions?

Thanks,

Ari

MYous.8
Associate II

Unfortunately, we didn't know the problem of compatibility which make mcu using DSI didn't work with ST7701.

so we had to use RGB instead.

Wish you good luck

JMD
Associate II

Hello,

Please, does somebody know why ST7701 is not compatible with STM32F4 or STM32F7 ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

TDK
Guru

Maybe contact the supplier? Or reference timing diagrams between reference manual and datasheet.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ari_v2
Senior

Hi all,

My board consists of stm32f469 and LCD with ST7701 controller, DSI interface.

The LCD works. But performance is not 100%. I'll be glad to share code.

I wonder if those that didn't succeed mean that , LCD didn't work at all or they experienced bad performance?

Ari

JMD
Associate II

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I am happy to listen your experience.

My supplier say to me I don't have any example with mipi 🙂 so I am alone and ST7701 are used but with linux most of the time so the platform is different.

When I read It doesn't work I am a littlle ambarased because I have so many lcd screen with ST7701.

Performance is not an issue for the moment for me I just want to display 15-30 fps even if it is a partial screen.

There is an example with DSI and another controller for stm32469 and so one and some commands seems to be the same so I prepare a special PCB to verify the actual code in example to test with my LCD (ST7701) https://www.buydisplay.com/4-inch-tft-lcd-display-480x480-pixel-with-mipi-interface-for-iot-devices.

In few days I will received my custom board to test the LCD but I am anxious due too the non feasibility explain in first posts

Can you tell me more about performance "is not 100%" can I obtain 30 fps on 480*480 24 bits ?

I am very late on my project if you can share with me a little project or sample code to use my ST7701 LCD It will be really a gift for me just before holidays 🙂

Thank you so much.

ari_v2
Senior

Hi,

Please find attached. I hope it will help.

My LCD is 480*800 (Portrait).

Regarding performance, images on screen often are darker than expected, after changing screen I see faded "leftovers" from the previous screen and also some screens flicker, while others are stable. I don't know how to explain these problems.