cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show a picture on a tft lcd?

SHash.2
Associate

Hi! I'm using stm32h750-custom board, and I want to show a picture on a 4.3 inch tft lcd with ltdc interface. I'm pretty sure that I adjusted ltdc setting correctly. I used image converter to convert the image (480*272pixels) and I add the exported header and C file to my project. Then I cast it to 16-bit for FBstartAddress. What I can see on the LCD is just a white screen. Why doesn't it work? Could you help me? Thank you in advance. My project test is attached.

3 REPLIES 3

Can you debug this? Do you have a scope or logic analyzer you can inspect some of the critical signals?

Perhaps you can paint a frame buffer with solid colours rather than trying to decode a JPEG into them.

Sounds like you're not properly configuring the data/clocking, or display controller properly.

https://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Library/Hannstar/HSD043I9W1-A00-0299.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

5 MHz for the LTDC is probably way on the lower end

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SHash.2
Associate

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I have no scopes or logic analyzers. I set ltdc according to the datasheet you shared, and I increased ltdc freq till 37 MHz, but it didn't work. I programed a demo code on micro, and it worked properly, but I have no information about its ltdc settings. Thank you anyway. How much should I increase the frequency?