cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to rotate image group where multiple images are overlaid using Touchgfx texture mapper feature?

Tiel
Associate II

Hello,

when I check the rotation feature on touchgfx library, I could find texture mapper feature to rotate images. and I think I can test it uisng texture mapping example from touchgfx-designer. But this example is just rotating each image. What I want to ask is following.

Q1.Is it possible to rotate the image group or images where multiple images are overlaid?

For Example, I have to draw map image on the background and map image should be able to be rotated sometimes. And multiple smaller image group, such as dynamic layered warning images and texts will be drawn on the rotating map layer and this dynamic image group should be able to move or blink.

I have one more question.

Q2.Is touchgfx-library compatible with SDL2-library?

The reason I ask is that I have already ui-source codes running on SDL2 in the linux.

so I wonder if I can apply current our ui-source codes based on SDL2 lib to stm32

using touchgfx library without big job.

I hope someone can advice me.

Thanks in advance for your read & reply.

Best Regards,

Tommy Lim

1 REPLY 1
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Tiel​ ,

1) It is not possible to rotate multiple images with just one texture mapper. If you want to rotate each image differently, you will have to use a texture mapper widget for each of them. Otherwise, if you want to rotate a group of images, you can either create a custom widget by modifying the source code of it (located in Middlewares>ST>touchgfx>framework>source>touchgfx>widgets); or you can group manually all your images in only one file, then use this one for the texture mapper.

2) Like this article says : "TouchGFX can also be used on Linux, and even though the TouchGFX Designer cannot be run natively on Linux, the code generate by the TouchGFX Designer works on both Linux and Windows." So yes, you can use SDL2 libraries with TouchGFX.

Hope that this helped,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX