cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images on external flash (QUADSPI) mapped in memory and on SDCARD (simultaneously). It's possible?

DDi S.1
Associate III

Hello everyone.

I have a custom board based on micro STM32F469NIH6

I am using TouchGfx successfully and have all my images stored in a memory mapped 64MB QUADSPI.

I would like to give the user the possibility to change some images (for example a logo) and I would like to store these images in an SDCARD.

It's possible to do it?

That is, is it possible to have the QUADSPI as ExtFlashSection and at the same time have only a few images on the SDCARD?

For speed reasons I already use the bitmap cache.

How can I load the bitmap stored in SDCARD, in my cache and in what format should the bitmap stored in SDCARD be?

Thanks in advance to all who will help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DDi S.1
Associate III

After a few days of frustration, I fixed it by using dynamic bitmaps which are loaded from the SD card.

Unfortunately, even if there is an example of how to load a bitmap from a file in the documentation, it contains errors and must also be adapted to FATFS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DDi S.1
Associate III

After a few days of frustration, I fixed it by using dynamic bitmaps which are loaded from the SD card.

Unfortunately, even if there is an example of how to load a bitmap from a file in the documentation, it contains errors and must also be adapted to FATFS

Hi,

Great to hear you were able to make it work. To help us improve the documetnation and help other users who will face similar struggles in the future, what error are you referring to in the article? Could you also explain how you adapted it to FATFS ?

/Romain