cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to rotate screen 90 degree in TouchGFX

Freedom_Neo
Senior

I want to rotate 90 degree the screen. How do it?

Rotate the screen 90 degrees?

27 REPLIES 27

There is no MADCTL parameter. You can see the pin configuration of the screen below.

MM..1
Chief II

MADCTL isnt pin, this is register in display controller if your display have one.

Freedom_Neo
Senior

The screen should rotate to the right but the screen rotates to the left. I think there should be an option to rotate left or right in the TouchGFX interface. It only has a left rotation feature.

0693W00000JPFGKQA5.png

Hi,

I agree, but it is actually harder than it seems and impacting the performances. It would be a 270degree rotation and not a 90degree rotation. It is still in our backlog to make this available, but I do not know for which version it will be released. To be honest in most real life cases you just need to manually put upside down the display to "resolve" this.

/Romain

Special molds are designed for screens and PCBs are designed accordingly. Manually rotating the screen is a simple solution, but it challenges manufacturers mechanically and manufacturably. I think this should be in the TouchGFX interface. When are you planning to release this feature in the near future?

I have same situation , simply create in designer upside down...

Depending on your display it is also possible to do this rotation through hardware modification like inverting pins for example with RGB LTDC displays. This issue is why prototyping is always important to avoid discovering the issue after the final product's production 😅.

This feature is not planned for the near future unfortunately. It is in our backlog and under progress but we do not have a release date estimate.

/Romain

I am using the DISCO-F429ZI_LCDTS_demo with my STM32F429I platform and it works fine except I want to rotate the display to a "landscape" orientation. There is no init function to do this in the project, at least not one I could find.

I tried manipulating ili9341.c but it didn't do anything I could see.

DISCO-F429ZI_LCDTS_demo

//..

ili9341_WriteReg(LCD_MAC);

ili9341_WriteData(0x20); // was (0xC8)

//..

/* Colomn address set */

ili9341_WriteReg(LCD_COLUMN_ADDR);

ili9341_WriteData(0x00);

ili9341_WriteData(0x00);

ili9341_WriteData(0x01); // was (0x00)

ili9341_WriteData(0x3F); // was (0xEF)

/* Page address set */

ili9341_WriteReg(LCD_PAGE_ADDR);

ili9341_WriteData(0x00);

ili9341_WriteData(0x00);

ili9341_WriteData(0x00); // was (0x01)

ili9341_WriteData(0xEF); // was (0x06)

TFT has a hardware UP/DOWN pin. But when I replace that pin, the image appears as below.

Hardware pin change