cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change the version of code generates by TouchGFX

tmehok
Associate II

I am using TouchGFX 4.24.0(The newest version). It does not seem to generate the newest version of code for STM IDE to use. I think this causing problems when I need to make changes between the script and the gui. Is there a way to change what version of code is generated? 

I have no examples to show, other than it prompts me to "Migrate" to a newer version when I go to the IDE. When I start to make changes to the original gui it obliterates my code, Wigits go missing, screen flickers. I am using the board STM32H735G-DK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @tmehok,

I have tried your project. I also get a weird behavior.
I have tried importing q GUI (the pool demo) but I have issues as well.
I have create a new project from Designer and imported the pool demo. This time everything works fine.

It looks like the issue comes from your setup. The quick fix is to create a new project from Designer like I did.

I have imported your GUI in my newly created project and changed a bit the behavior to use TouchGFX buttons instead of the hardware button and it works fine. See attached files.

If this comment answers your question, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @tmehok ,

TouchGFX is made of 3 parts:

• TouchGFX Engine
  • TouchGFX Generator
  • TouchGFX Designer

You have to make sure you have the latest version of TouchGFX Generator.

To do so, open STM32CubeMX, then click "Help" => "Manage embedded software packages":

GaetanGodart_0-1719566143386.png

Then, go to "STMicroelectronics", scroll at the bottom to find "X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX" and expand the list. This is what I see with the latest TouchGFX Generator:

GaetanGodart_1-1719566300644.png

If you do not see "TouchGFX Generator 4.24" in green (on the left):

GaetanGodart_2-1719566372491.png

Then you have to install it.
Click on "Refresh" and select the TouchGFX Generator you want to install.
Once you have selected one, the "Install" button will become clickable:

GaetanGodart_3-1719566439852.png

Install it and you should be good.

Alternatively, you can select "From local" and give a file (.pack or .msi if I remember correctly) with the new generator.
You can find the full download of 4.24 here : st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html#get-software 

If this comment answers your question, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
tmehok
Associate II

It seems as though I already have that piece put together.

STM32MX_config.PNG

I did not need to change anything from the current configuration.

I made this quick example to test if anything changed now that I had the STM32MX software.

TouchGFX_sample.PNG

 Although, when I bring it over to the STM32IDE to do scripting I get this message.

Version_migration.PNG

This is the same message I got and asked about in a previous post. Without rehashing that post to much, I am not able to generate GPIO and pinout code correctly if I hit continue. If I hit migrate I am able to script fine but if I need to change the gui on TouchGFX and generate code on that software it now slowly degrades my display until there is nothing left but a white screen. I wanted to see if there if a way to make TouchGFX generate code for STM32CubeMX(Which is currently downloaded at 6.11.1) and to generate code compatible with STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.11.1

Thank you for any time you can spare to help.

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

You should migrate indeed.

I have tried reproducing the issue.
I create an empty STM32H735 project from TouchGFX Designer.
I added widgets then generate code in Designer.
I open the .project in the folder STM32CubeIDE.
I build, I run (I get prompted to upgrade my firmware which I do).
The board display correctly my GUI.
I go back to TouchGFX Designer, change a bit my GUI then generate code.
I go back to STM32CubeIDE, build then flash.
While flashing, I can see a line appearing in the middle of my screen, then the screen fading to white and then the new GUI is displayed correctly.
If I build and flash again, I get the same behavior.

Can you explain to me what you mean by "it slowly degrades my display until there is nothing left but a white screen" ?

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

I realized it needed to be disconnected and connected again. The issue I was having with that same board is when I invalidate one of those widgets. Every time it is invalidated it flashed across the screen and creates the fading/tearing look I was trying to describe. If it is set by a timer or an input it happens less but you can imagine how chaotic it looks running at the speed of the clock.

Hello @tmehok ,

Can you share your project so I can test it on my STM32H735-dk board?

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
tmehok
Associate II

Sure, I will send a Zip.

NOTES: In this example I have,

1) Taken out a 1/60 of a second timer to slow the refresh 

2) Taken out the logical if statement and variables to only call invalidate when the "interaction" required to change the state happens.

3) 1 and 2 were referencing the Screen1View.cpp file

4) I also tried to edit my code in this file according to a different post I made about the same issue.

ALAMI_Othmane_1-1719851901700.png

Hello @tmehok,

I have tried your project. I also get a weird behavior.
I have tried importing q GUI (the pool demo) but I have issues as well.
I have create a new project from Designer and imported the pool demo. This time everything works fine.

It looks like the issue comes from your setup. The quick fix is to create a new project from Designer like I did.

I have imported your GUI in my newly created project and changed a bit the behavior to use TouchGFX buttons instead of the hardware button and it works fine. See attached files.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart