cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated STM32 Cube IDE and i tried to start project using the STM32 discovery board but Touch GFX is disabled and i can not use it. in the previous version every thing was fine.

MSale
Associate III

11 REPLIES 11
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I need some more info to go on. What does "can not use it" mean? It's disabled or not working in some way?

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

i got this message when i try to select the STM32f769 discovery board or the evaluation board also.

"The target device 'STM32F769I-DISCO' is currently not supported by STM32CubeIDE according 'Obsolete' marketing status"

Regards

Mahmoud

That sounds crazy. I'll investigate. Which version of CubeIDE?

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

1.0.2 the latest version. i am using stm32 cube IDE. i also have another question. Can i use 2 layers in the stm32f769 discovery board with touch gfx?

Best Regards

Mahmoud

You cannot use 2 layers with TouchGFX (yet). Now that TouchGFX is STM32 only we have more freedom to make these target specific changes. Especially for transitions 2 layers would be incredibly useful.

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for the information. i have another question. i am doing project for displaying video from the camera with TouchGFX but i think without 2 layers its not possible especially if i want make GUI above the video. is there any way that touch GFX can do it without using the 2 layers?

Thanks in advance

Mahmoud

You have to make the video a part of your application. I've written this a few times now in various posts so you may be able to find more information there.

You can decode/convert frames from the camera to a piece of memory and then display this frame in TouchGFX with a Dynamic Bitmap - You could place this on top of your existing gui - Even make it draggable.

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thank you very much that was very helpful

Mahmoud

No problem. You'd do this in a different task, and then you may need to think about the framerate of the camera vs the possible framerate of the touchgfx application and perhaps also think about scaling (this is not something TouchGFX can do) if your camera input is different from your display.

Maybe if the frames produced by the camera is small enough you're fine 🙂

/Martin