cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a newbie with TouchGFX and I would like to Install 4.13 and simulate with MSVS 2017 and to use Keil 5.29 development environment. I can Generate code and run a simulation in MSVS directly, however I cannot simulate with the Button. What am I missing?

KMacD
Associate II

Also uVision 5.29 generates a bunch of Font missing .cpp file errors? Is there an install guide I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KMacD
Associate II

Problem 100% solved. The was an old MAKEFLAGS environment variable in Windows 10 that was throwing the system off. The other two machines just needed to erase the memory in the development boards to start working correctly. Thanks you all for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please provide more details of what's failing for you.

Re: uVision i think your project has not been updated with the generated files. How did you create the project? There's a post generate command that will update your project, but...it reads the .ioc file to figure out what the IDE you're using is. So if yor project manager does not state uvision then thats the problem.

/Martin

KMacD
Associate II

Martin,

We have decided to abandon the uVision development and to go the CubeMX, CubeIDE and TouchGFX direction. I would also like to Simulate with VS2019 but I have had no luck with it and have switched to VS2017.

Originally I had installed only Keil 5.29, TouchGFX and VS2019, and had very little success. I had better success with VS2017 and I am now putting on Cube MX, and CubeIDE. Hoping that will work better. Our projects so far have been TouchGFX demos and applications for the appropriate targets. We are not trying custom projects yet as we would like to learn the GFX programming first before trying a ported version.

Is there any place where setting up a development environment is documented? There is mention in Tutorial 2 but it is far from detailed.

/Kevin

Jagdish Bisawa
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ,

The following would be a good way to begin with the TouchGFX framework :

1) A hardware board with the STM32 uC : try STM32F746g-DISCO ( the Discovery board by ST for the STM32F7 family );

2) The TouchGFX Designer.

Download & install the TouchGFX designer software & try the various example templates supplied by it, using the STM32F746g-DISCO board hardware template. This way, you'd be doing an easy, 100% working & out of the box approach to learn the framework.

You may start with the button counter example to get a feel of the GUI. Next, studying the example code, along with the online documentation will make things clear for you. You may then try other examples & delve more into the framework.

A knowledge of C++ & an understanding of RTOS concepts will make things easier as you seam through the example code files.

The examples given in the framework can also be run on the PC, using the simulator option. However, tinkering with the a known & proven hardware makes the learning curve a bit steeper.

And, of course you have this forum to fall back on, when you need help or when you want to share your insights 🙂

/Jagdish

Jagdish,

First of all thank you for your respond however that is exactly what we have done right from the beginning.

1. Right now we can create an application in TouchGFX v4.1.3,
  2. Right now we can generate code in TouchGFX,
  3. If I try to Run Simulation I get this,

Run Simulator

Generate

Done

Generate Assets

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8

Done

Post Generate

touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj

Done

Post Generate Target

touchgfx update_project --project-file=../STM32F746G_DISCO.ioc --platform=m7

Done

Compile

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j8

/usr/bin/sh: C:TouchGFX4.13.0envMinGWmsys1.0QNX650targetqnx6usrinclude: command not found

generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:149: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 127

simulator/gcc/Makefile:32: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

Failed

Failed

4. If I try to Run Target I get this

Run Target

Generate

Done

Generate Assets

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8

Done

Post Generate

touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj

Done

Post Generate Target

touchgfx update_project --project-file=../STM32F746G_DISCO.ioc --platform=m7

Done

Compile

make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j8

Generating TouchGFX/generated/texts/src/Texts.cpp

Generating TouchGFX/generated/texts/src/LanguageGb.cpp ..... hangs forever.

This is on three different machines with three different people.

Jagdish Bisawa
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ,

The error you have reported seems to be related to the TouchGFX environment. Are you able to run the TouchGFX4.1.13 environment shell by clicking on the link on the Desktop ?

/Jagdish

KMacD
Associate II

Problem 100% solved. The was an old MAKEFLAGS environment variable in Windows 10 that was throwing the system off. The other two machines just needed to erase the memory in the development boards to start working correctly. Thanks you all for your help.

Hi @Community member​,

We've had some bank-holiday here in DK. What's your status on this with everything that's been shared in this thread and what you may have learned since then?

Let me know so i can focus only on the parts you still require information about 🙂 thanks!

/Martin

Perfect! Let me know if there's anything i can help with.