cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TouchGFX OCTOSPI Flash to store setup and tuning parameters

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi,

I am using a STM32H7B3I_DK board with a graphics app using TouchGFX. I'm only using 7% of this and would like to use the top end of this memory to store system tuneable parameters, WiFi SSID's, controller tuning parameters etc.

Has anyone done this or something similar?

I understand you have to switch memory modes to erase and write.

I could work it out, but I'm a bit pressed for time so if someone has done it that would help me greatly. I would have used the battery backed (4k) ram on the MPU, but sadly the designer didn't make this available, you have to cut tracks to separate the Vbat from Vdd.

I am developing a project using the Inventek WiFi module which I intend to post when I've finished the documentation (README). I will incorporate the OCTO Spi code into this as a working project for others to use.

Regards

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Garnett.Robert​ ,

I'm not sure how to really help you here, but my best advice would be to consult the other posts on the forum linked to this topic, like this one, and also take a look at the documentation.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Garnett.Robert​ ,

I'm not sure how to really help you here, but my best advice would be to consult the other posts on the forum linked to this topic, like this one, and also take a look at the documentation.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX