cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use internal ram of MCU on STM32H757I-EVAL Board for TouchGFX Applications?

MSent.2
Associate II

Hello Everyone,

I have a code working with external RAM but I want to use internal RAM of STM32 MCU on STM32H757I-EVAL board for a TouchGFX application. I changed Buffer Location option as By Allocation on CubeMX and generated the code. It seems TouchGFX Generator made some necessary changes on TouchGFXGeneratedHAL. Build the code and and run debug. Everything seems ok but I just want to be sure if it is a correct way. When I try to increase the resolution, I get overflow error as I expect. Also I commented fmcInit2(&Error_Handler) function to see if it still works. It was not working before but works now. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
MM..1
Chief II

Yes your steps by allocation is ok , but with this is good manage arrea in linker script.

For custom interface this isnt strict, but for example LTDC require start framebuffer on exact multiplier addr.

And comment fmcinit2 isnt good step, you skip special part for SDRAM init.

Thanks @MM..1​. Actually, I am confused about linker script. Here is my memory adress definitions. I don't know which one is STM32H757XI's internal RAM. How can I learn?

I am aware of fmcinit2 is not a good step, just trying to understand if the internal RAM is used or not. 0693W00000WIeCVQA1.png

All RAM on image is internal . Learn you can in datasheets and reference manuals for H7.

For simply example more RAMs is here for in paralel use DMA,CPU,cores, independent bus ... But this need be managed in linker sections over your ...

Thanks a lot.