cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use FMC NOR flash to store touchgfx assets such as images, fonts, text etc while the frame buffer is located in FMC SDRAM ?

sanjeev majumdar
Associate III

15 REPLIES 15

Hello Martin,

There is no example available for FMC NOR flash used to store touchgfx assets in cube firmware examples/projects. Only i could find examples where QSPI flash is used for touchgfx.

I have done necessary initialization for FMC NOR flash and also described the Flash memory region in the linker script as follows, but it dint work. I am using stm32f769i eval board for the same. FMC nor flash is memory mapped. Also i have taken care the caching part using mpu config for nor flash and in sdram. kindly let me know where could be the issue.

LR_ROM1 0x60000000 0x01000000 {  ; load region size_region

extflash.bin 0x60000000 0x01000000 { ; load address = execution address

*.o (ExtFlashSection)

}

}

What actually is your problem? Can you read from your NOR flash? What "didn't work" ?

/Martin

NOR flash works fine, i can independently read and write but when i am using it for touchgfx, the stored images are not getting displayed / retrieved. Also the frame buffer is resident on FMC sdram.

And your application is running fine, otherwise?

yes it does only not able to retrieve images from FMC NOR flash

so is it possible for you to experiment with FMC NOR flash to store touchgfx assets and share an example or can u plz let me knw what i can try as FMC NOR flash is memory mapped