cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload TouchGFX Programm to STM32f746g_Disco using CubeProgrammer

JStei.6
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload a program via the Cube Programmer to my STM32f647g_Disco board.

When using CubeIDE it works flawlessly, but when I try to flash the HEX files with CubeProgrammer, it is showing the following message:

" 18:10:01 : Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x900002F3 (byte = 0x00 instead of 0x04)

18:10:01 : Error: Download verification failed"

I think it does not save the new software to the external flash memory of the board.

Do you know a workaround for this?

In the appendix there are two logs, one from CubeIDE (with functioning flashing), one from cubeProgrammer.

Until now, I was using the HEX file that get´s generated in (ProjectName\CubeIDE\Debux\ProjectName.HEX)

Do I have to use a different one, or a second one for the external memory?

I also noticed that the BIN File (in the same folder directory) has more than two GB. IS that normal?

Thanks for the Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The large .BIN is indicative ​of the data sections being in very different areas of the 4GB address space, use the .HEX

M​ake sure to have selected the External Loader (EL) for the board, EL button, then check one for F746G DISCO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The large .BIN is indicative ​of the data sections being in very different areas of the 4GB address space, use the .HEX

M​ake sure to have selected the External Loader (EL) for the board, EL button, then check one for F746G DISCO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

Question is, use or need your code realy external flash ?

Your image 1 dont show info and second code is small.

When yes you need specify external loader plugin for programmer. In IDE project is preconfigured.

And yes demo projects generates fake big bin file for extarnal flash... recommend change format in makefile.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Now it is working.