cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start using the graph widget from touchgfx-open-repository in Touchgfx designer?

Shake777
Associate

I want to make a graph (let's just use a y = sin(x) function as an example) on my STM32 discovery board. I can make a basic gui from the standard widgets you get when you first run Touchgfx designer and I can add code to make them do stuff as well. I saw no way to add a graph so I googled it and found out you need the graph widget from the repository found here: https://github.com/touchgfx/touchgfx-open-repository

I have downloaded the repository and my question now is how to get the graph widget into TouchGFX designer so I can start coding it to display y = sin(x)? I have a bunch of folders from the repository and the TemplateView.cpp/.hpp files tell you what the individual functions do but not how to get the widget itself into the designer. Apologies if I am missing something obvious here but I could find no clear answers anywhere else.

18 REPLIES 18

Yes, everything except the "Graph" run. I have 5 screen and wanted to add one more (the Graph).

Guillaume

---------------------------------

Fixed. The CanvasBuffer was too small. Thanks you anyway.

Ah, that's great 🙂 Glad you found the issue.

/Martin

KCAGL.1
Associate

Hello @Martin KJELDSEN​,

Is there a newer version of the GraphApplication project that works with the latest version of TouchGfx 4.13.0?

Thank you in advance

ABELA
Associate II

I join the question about the availability of the current version of the GRAPH widget for TouchGfx 4.13.0

Thank you.

GLaca
Associate

Hi Martin

I use the last Toucggfx version 4.13.0 and i can not load your project.

Could you please update it ?

I am very interresting about this widget

Thank a lot

Hi,

The graph widget is also implemented in the UI templates "TouchGFX Demo 1" and "TouchGFX Demo 2". You can have a look at how they are implemented.

/Romain

Hello @Martin KJELDSEN​ , After successful compilation, when I try to run this, it says "No buffer allocated for CanvasWidgetRenderer drawing". Is this similar to @guillaume.1​ in which case, how does one change the CanvasBuffer?

----------------------------

Fixed! So it was associated to the CanvasBuffer afterall. I followed the instructions in this link.

Fixed! So it was associated to the CanvasBuffer afterall. I followed the instructions in this link.

Great 🙂