cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the the repository STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1 in a SEGGER example from the 11.0

ManuelOV
Associate II

As sure many of you know, the actual STM32H747i-disco can with a different display, so dont work with the examples in the 11.0 repository.

But work perfect in the 11.1 if you set in the stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h

/* LCD controllers defines */

#define USE_LCD_CTRL_OTM8009A 0U

#define USE_LCD_CTRL_NT35510 1U

#define USE_LCD_CTRL_ADV7533 0U

But I can not find a smart way to modify the Segger examples from the 11.0 to make it work with the new display.

In other words. how I can replace the repository files from an older version example to work with the new firmware package.

Thanks and sorry if this issue was resolved previously

15 REPLIES 15
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi @ManuelOV

The ethernet LwIP examples in the "hotspot" repository are LwIP version of well known iPerf server program. It is used to evaluate performance of network links using TCP.

As to reporting bugs , please see here. You can also post in this forum if you believe there's an error. Someone eventually will notice and reply. 

ManuelOV
Associate II

I have send this modifications to the place you point me.

Yesterday I did and let use the new display, any how the util library, do no work in both frame buffer, and must be modified to work ok, I dont know if you prefer I did it, or as far as someone is in charge of this repository is enought, to let him, the library do not write in the active frame buffer only in one of them, need take care about what is the active buffer.

Modifications in LCD_DSI_CmdMode_DoubleBuffer file->main.c in LCD_DSI_Cmd_DoubleBuffer_CM7

Line 283

#if (USE_LCD_CTRL_NT35510 > 0) // ADDED
NT35510_IO_t IOCtx; // ADDED
static NT35510_Object_t LCD_Obj; // ADDED and modified variable name
#endif /* USE_LCD_CTRL_NT35510 */ // ADDED

#if (USE_LCD_CTRL_OTM8009A > 0)
OTM8009A_IO_t IOCtx;
static OTM8009A_Object_t LCD_Obj; // Modified variable name
#endif /* USE_LCD_CTRL_OTM8009A */

Line 383
IOCtx.Address = 0;
IOCtx.GetTick = BSP_GetTick;
IOCtx.WriteReg = DSI_IO_Write;
IOCtx.ReadReg = DSI_IO_Read;
OTM8009A_RegisterBusIO(&LCD_Obj, &IOCtx); // MOdified variable name
Lcd_CompObj=(&LCD_Obj); // MOdified variable name
OTM8009A_Init(Lcd_CompObj, OTM8009A_COLMOD_RGB888, LCD_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

ManuelOV
Associate II

about your help with the ethernet example, thanks, I will google about the name  iPerf server program to try to understand how to use the example and read the documentation.

anyhow if you know where is, and have the opportunity, would be great if you point mi in the correct direction.

THANKS

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @ManuelOV 

I suggest this workaround as a dynamic solution.

Update STM32H747I-DISC BSP board drivers to support Dynamic ID · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7@dd1b1d7 · GitHub

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ManuelOV
Associate II

Working with the update.

Thanks and best wishes to all of you for this 20024

ManuelOV
Associate II

Dear in my repository there are a small difference with your

in your 

ManuelOV_0-1704386538997.png

Line 778 -- 789 -- configure mode burst

in mine

ManuelOV_1-1704386598060.png

the mode burst in not configured, at least there, so I will add also this line to my version, please take a look in your repository, because maybe other people have same source than me.

Thanks, and I will continue doing the line by line double check