cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scroll text from right to left ?

Shree
Associate II

Hi ,

I have just started using the TouchGFX designer but I am facing some issues which are as below:

1) If I modify the font size for one text area then it automatically modifies the size for other text area. How to fix this ?

2) I am not able to modify the color of the buttons

3) How to specify the runtime text/values for the widgets ?

4) How to scroll the text from right to left ?

Please suggest the solutions for above queries.

Regards,

Shree

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi, the link eng23 might help you. Try to search in this forum for questions similar to yours as we might have answered some.

For the color of the buttons, what have you tried? Are you using a widget in Designer or have you created yours? If you are using a basic button widget, please notice that you are using images for the released and pressed state and not a fixed color. If you are using a flex button you have the option to use a box widget. You can then modify its color easily. Have a look at the brand new documentation ^^ we are quite proud of it (even if it still needs improvement of course 😉 ).

Share more details on what you have done and what you wish to do exactly so that we can have a better understanding of your project.

/Romain

Shree
Associate II

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically I am trying to port the existing QT application into TouchGFX application.

As I don't have separate Icons for buttons , I have started using the Flex buttons.

So, In our current application whenever an error occurs the error text scrolls from right to left

till user acknowledge it. Is there any way to achieve the same thing using touchGFX designer ?

Regards,

Shree

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

What do you exactly mean when you say the text scrolls from right to left? do you mean the position of the text on the screen? Or the content of the text inside a zone? Here is the documentation for the TextArea widget. It shows how you can change the position of the text and its content at runtime. Look at the provided UI templates by Designer, some projects could be useful as a source of inspiration for your code.

For the font size modifying all the other text area, have a look at the ressource or single use text documentation as well to see what suits your project.

Please provide some code, pictures or more details on what you are doing so that we get a clearer view on how we can help.

Regards,

/Romain