cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to play videos using touchgfx designer

Balavardhi
Associate II

Hi,

I want to display bootup animation in our project. I used Animated Image widget to display continues images to get the animation. since we need to use many images to get proper animation, the flash storage size is increased heavily.

To overcome the size issue, is there any way to play video using touchgfx designer.

Thanks and Regards,

Bala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

There are currently no optimal solution. Depending on your setup you can have a look at the Board Specific Demos called Washer Demos available in TouchGFX Designer which play videos.

Otherwise we are working on a solution to run motion jpeg. No official release date yet but we hope to release it along TouchGFX 4.18

/Romain

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

There are currently no optimal solution. Depending on your setup you can have a look at the Board Specific Demos called Washer Demos available in TouchGFX Designer which play videos.

Otherwise we are working on a solution to run motion jpeg. No official release date yet but we hope to release it along TouchGFX 4.18

/Romain

Balavardhi
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you so much for the faster reply.

Washer demo means smart home demo only right, where animation is shown in the Washer screen. In that animation, Animated image is used to display the animation.

Thanks and Regards,

Bala

Hi,

The Washer Demo and the Smart Home demo are not the same. The Board Specific Demo called Washer Demo (based on the STM32F746G-discovery board) does not use the Animated Image widget.

In TouchGFX Designer when you are in the "Demos" view click on the "Board Specific Demo" tab in the top.

/Romain

Balavardhi
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you so much I got the project.

Regards,

Bala