cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output image or string/numbers which is stored in external serialflash at running time?

Tiel
Associate II

I am currently reviewing touchgfx.

Until now, I have written draw functions by myself or used emwin-libray to output images or fonts stored in the serial flash.

Using touchgfx, how could I do when I develop similar screen as expressed in the attached document?

I've looked at touchgfx exmaples so far, but I don't think there's a similar example like this, so I'm asking you this question.

I hope somebody would reply to me.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Tommy Lim

6 REPLIES 6
MM..1
Chief II

Read something her Using Serial Flash for images and fonts | TouchGFX Documentation

and ofcourse for external storage you can use mapped or unmapped mode as in docu

More generally the QSPI NOR Flash maps into the linear address space of the micro-controller, and can be accessing code, data, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tiel
Associate II

Dear MM..1,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

Looking at the information you told me, it was related to the sf-read and I think it is so good article. By the way, can you advise me how to print the image which I read from sf-memory as the screen I attached above? I'm actually considering about whether to print images or strings naturally by reading them from sf-memory at runtime.

Best Regards

Tiel

Dear Tesla Delorean,

Thank you for your kind answer. Thank you for letting me know that it can be used in a memory-mapped manner when using the sf memory connected to the QSPI. 

If possible, I hope advice me about the runtime output method( :: how to draw bitmap image read from sf-memory to make the screens like I attached above) as I mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Tiel

MM..1
Chief II

Hi i dont see your xls screen , this is very nonstandart image...

But for your question how print, is two or three ways

1. Manage all as screen in designer and show it as changescreen , you can have many screens
  2. C++ objects system from empty ... not recommend
  3. One screen with many objects managed by visible invisible in code, and possible adding and removing objects in code

Showing and loading objects on screen is not your job, for this you use Touchgfx

Tiel
Associate II

Dear MM..1,

I understood what you mean.

Let me try place and control the image & text objects where I want on the each screenview. 

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Tiel