cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a tpa version?

jsalg.1
Associate II

I am working on custom display board. created project using touchGFX I would like to know to how to confirm what is the tpa version touchGfx used to create this project.

any interface to get tpa version or BOM file which includes all package version. ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smartembedded
Associate III

Hi Jalg.1

Look into your <project>.touchgfx file :

There should be some lines with the info.

"ApplicationTemplateVersion": "4.2.0",
"ApplicationTemplateDescription": "EDT Evaluation kit Application Template",

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @jsalg.1 ,

If you started your project from a TouchGFX Designer you should have in your project folder a file called changelog.txt. In this file, we mention all the versions of the tpa (at the release date) and changes between them. Something like this :

OsmanSOYKURT_0-1709039364368.png

In this example, I know that the version of the tpa that I used was version 3.0.4. (The latest as of today is 3.0.7 for this TBS).
If you update your TBS to a newer version of TouchGFX, this file will not update, so you always know the version of the tpa you used when you started your project.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Osman SOYKURT ,

Thanks for your response, surprisingly, I see no changelog.txt is generated in my project folder. I am using TouchGFX designer version 4.21.0 and created project for EDT board. 

Smartembedded
Associate III

Hi Jalg.1

Look into your <project>.touchgfx file :

There should be some lines with the info.

"ApplicationTemplateVersion": "4.2.0",
"ApplicationTemplateDescription": "EDT Evaluation kit Application Template",

Hello @jsalg.1 ,

Partner's TBSs are not made and maintained by us, it could be that this file is not there indeed.
What you can do then is to navigate to your AppData folder (C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.21.0) and see which version of the TBS was downloaded by TouchGFX. If you have worked with different TBS versions, it will not tell you which one you have used, but if you have used only one, you will see only one tpa among the different folder (versions) of this TBS.

OsmanSOYKURT_1-1709117694027.png

OsmanSOYKURT_2-1709117792007.png

In this example, for the same TBS, there's only one tpa downloaded and it's version 3.0.17.

I've checked in my 4.21.0 folder and I don't see an EDT TBS. Make sure it's with TouchGFX Designer 4.21.0 that you created your project from.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX