cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a Strip chart on STM32F746GDISCOVERY Board using TouchGFX designer?

SK S.1
Associate III

Hi

I'm using STM32F746GDiscovery board.

I'm using STMCubeIDE+ TouchGFX designer for GUI development.

Is it possible to design a Strip Chart using TouchGFX Designer?

If it is possible then please let me know the procedure.

With Regards

Sunil K S

Bangalore​

10 REPLIES 10
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Could you show an example of a strip chat style you want? Anything is possible :)

/Martin

SK S.1
Associate III

Hi Martin,

For example refer the attached image.

Strip chart need to be drawn for the sensor data received at a time interval of 500ms.

Please let me know the procedure to draw strip chart using TouchGFX designer.

With Regards

Sunil

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

There's no support for charts and diagrams or graphs in the designer �� But anything is possible outside of the designer as well.

Search this forum for a simple GraphApplication.zip that i uploaded a while back. It'll show you how to use the Canvas Widget Renderer in TouchGFX to draw a graph.

/Martin

Thanks for the reply.

Any other Open Source GUI Tools which support drawing chart on STM32F746GDiscovery board LTDC display?Please let me know

With Regards

Sunil

Jagdish Bisawa
Associate III

The best way would be, as Martin has suggested, to download & study the GraphApplication example in the forum. Further, there is a Graph widget available in the TouchGX Open Repository, which can also be a guide for you.

In any case, you will have to get familiar with the TouchGFX framework workings & C++ language. Knowledge of the FreeRTOS will also help.

Start with the TouchGFX designer & the discovery board & download simple examples to the board to get a feel of the framework & then move on to the the example suggested by Martin, along with the Graph available in the open repository.

To achieve what you want, you will have to create your own custom widget to exhibit the behaviour of a strip chart.

/Jagdish

Sorry, i just work on TouchGFX �� ST are phasing out emWin support (not a part of cubemx anymore) and Qt is a partner but they're not in CubeMX either, if you want help with HAL development. Only TouchGFX is supported there. Check out the Graph Application!

/Martin

Thanks Jagdish for your guidance.

/Sunil

Hi Martin,

GrapghApplication example is not working with TouchGFX V4.13.0. It is giving error when "Run Simulator" button is clicked.Please refer the attached image.

One more thing TouchGFX website is displaying an image of Ventilator which contains charts (Ventilator Designed by company named Onebreath using TouchGFX) Do you have any idea how they have developed that screen(Refer the attached image)? Please help me .

With Regards

Sunil

Hi @SK S.1​ ,

The error one receives while compiling can be view by clicking on the "Detailed Log" button at the bottom right corner of the Designer screen. I tried compiling & got a similar error.

The error seems to be due to the difference in the Makefile created by the latest version of the Designer & Ver 4.8, in which this demo application has been created.

I replaced the Makefile in the demo with the one from another application that has been created by the latest designer. The GraphApplication is now working.

I have attached the Makefile for you.

Replace the Makefile file found in the path : GraphApplication/simulator/gcc with the attached Makefile. The application should then compile & run.

/Jagdish