cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resolve this Building issue with the following message - linking... GFX01M1_HelloWorld\GFX01M1_HelloWorld.axf: error: L6047U: The size of this image (824520 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker

SBort.1
Associate II

14 REPLIES 14

https://www2.keil.com/stmicroelectronics-stm32/mdk

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I already have it installed. Incidentally the error message had been shown in the "Build Output" window

You could have said that earlier.

Are you sure it's properly installed and licensed?

I think it falls-back to the limited evaluation version if you don't license it (properly).

You can check in the uVision Help/About - note that you have to have a Project open at the time.

Good afternoon but understand the following - I'm using the example suggested on the ST website for initial development... follow the link - TouchGFXDesigner - TouchGFX is delivered as an X-Cube-TouchGFX package - STMicroelectronics and has the suggestion to run the firmware with the (X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 expansion board connected to the NUCLEO-G071RB). I believe that the problem must not be excess flash capacity and maybe the image data is loaded via SPI Flash to the Display.

Again, it's the Linker that's complaining that it does not support such a big executable.

that's different from saying that the executable is too big to fit the target.

So, again, are you sure that this project is supposed to work with the Linker that you're using?

If you're using Keil, are you sure that you've correctly licensed it to remove the 32K limit?