cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i solve the linker problem? 4.20 version

gokhanozata
Associate II

I want to move my project to TouchGFX 4.20 from TouchGFX 4.18. 

But I allways take a error in IDE.

I uptaded MX, IDE and TouchGFX.

I opened project on MX. I selected TouchGFX 4.20 on Software Packs. And i generate, it open on IDE and I build all in IDE. So everything perfect.

But I must change GUI on the Touch GFX. For example I add pushbutton. I generate code in Touch GFX. Then i opened the project for writting the code in IDE. I build all in IDE but it gives error(linker).

I use this current version:

Touch GFX 4.20, IDE 1.10.1, MX 6.6.1

5 REPLIES 5

Still path references to older objects/libraries

Perhaps check workspace/project files for them.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

What steps should I follow ?

I dont use external MX, but my steps:

1. clean project and zip core + touchgfx
  2. upgrade ide download software package TGFX
  3. open IOC in IDE and in software package migrate touchgfx version
  4. check config part new touchgfx and generate
  5. open touchgfx.file or part file and up TGFX + generate close
  6. in IDE build

Round these parts we review text files in viewers/editors and look for stuff that's obviously wrong.

In doing so we might see names or fields we can attribute to setting in the tools themselves.

In some cases the file can simply be "fixed", but I recommend doing this in a sandboxed file until you understand where and how much to change.

Personally I prefer Keil, things tend to be self-relative so duping or cloning a project is pretty trivial, as is modifying the depth of things, like if I don't care to keep .H and .C in different directories.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello gokhanozata

I'm doing almost the same as MM..1, and never get this kind of issue when updating my project.

Normally, if you open your project with a higher version of TouchGFX Designer, you'll get the notification to update the project. Then, if you open, your project on STM32CubeMX, the X-Cube TouchGFX Software pack should automatically updated to the new version too. After that, I regenerate code from STM32CubeMX and TouchGFX Designer again.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX