cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: Color tint, is it possible to fix globally?

HTD
Senior III

Discovery board STM32H745I-DISCO. White is white, black is black, other colors are roughly OK-ish, but grays... They are all strongly blue tinted. It looks horrible, however - when I wanted a gray rectangle, I made it yellow "#666000", set the alpha to 48 (over the white background), and well, it's gray now.

Is it possible to apply some color correction globally? For now I just change the colors in designer, then I test how it looks on the device. It takes a lot of time.

Also - the same problem is with the images.

One quick workaround is to add a tinted layer over every screen. It would probably work, but it can't be good for the performance.

1 REPLY 1
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello HTD,

I made a quick project to check our colors. So I have checked the framebuffer on memory and the colors matches with what we have put on TouchGFX Designer. So my first assumption would be that the screen itself make a "blueish" color layer, or there's a wrong configuration on CubeMX.

Making a color correction is not the good solution since there's no issue with TouchGFX Designer. But indeed, maybe a tinted layer on the foreground can be a workaround if you have enough performance to handle it on your screen.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX