cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a problem with communication between STM32F76ZGT and tft LCD using FMC.

A.W.
Associate II

All connections are correct but only the backlight is turned on. On another processor, the following code works fine. I attach the entire project and the display connection diagram. Thank you in advance for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
A.W.
Associate II

STM32F429ZIT

Then it may be the same case.

Remap the static bank of FMC, and modify software accordingly.

JW

A.W.
Associate II

So in the main function I called the HAL_EnableFMCMemorySwapping () function;

and I changed the addresses from 0x60000000 to 0xC0000000 and unfortunately it did not change anything.

So in the main function I called the HAL_EnableFMCMemorySwapping () function;

and I changed the addresses from 0x60000000 to 0xC0000000 and unfortunately it did not change anything.

It's then the case of observing the bus, and other usual debugging steps.

Maybe you want to try to start a new project on the 'F7. I don't use TouchGFX nor Cube.

JW

I started a new project, wrote new code and it's still doesn't work. maybe addresess are wrong for my fmc configuration. I tried 0x60000000/0xC0000000 for command and 0x60200000/0xC0200000 for data. LCD Register Select pin is connected to A20 pin. I attached fmc config file.

I don't have any idea, what can be wrong.

HAndr.1
Associate II

It didn't work for me when I tried to use a single framebuffer strategy. When I started using a partial framebuffer strategy everything worked. I still can't quite figure out why it doesn't work with the single framebuffer strategy, maybe because commands are also sent to the display over the FMC interface, requiring manual data transfer. Otherwise, the remap is mandatory. Let those in the know tell.

A.W.
Associate II

0693W00000SuNSCQA3.jpg0693W00000SuNS7QAN.jpgWhen remap is the default so base address is 0x6000000, it only wrote data to the first memory group when I called HAL_EnableFMCMemorySwapping ();

and changed the address to 0xC0000000 Nothing is typed into the cells. I have no idea why that is