cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used the camera port on an STM32F767ZIT6 and then compressed video for onward streaming e.g. via. Ethernet or USB?

LCook.1
Associate

The aim is to capture standard definition PAL video externally, present it as a BT656 parallel input to the STM32's camera port, and then produce a UVC compatible compressed output to another platform over USB or Ethernet. any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated! By the way if this is the wrong forum for such a question I apologise, as this is my first post here 🙂

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

That's quite a specific question. Processing video at all is going to be a cpu-intensive task. Compressing it is likely going to be beyond the means of the MCU.

I would suggest doing a rough analysis of the bandwidth required to do this, and see how many ticks per pixel you have available to compress data. The requirement will differ based on how you're compressing, but at rough guess, I would imagine you would need at least tens of ticks per pixel dedicated for this task. Memory management and USB or Ethernet control is going to be additional.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".