cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMC 256Mbit SDRAM configuration for STM32F429ZIITx MCU

Riccardo Franceschetto
Associate III

Hello, i'm looking to configure an sdram on a STM32F429ZIITx MCU, for graphical applications, but i don't know how to code it in the proper way, from the .ioc file the configuration is fine; but from the code for example, i don't know how to specify the size of the sdram in the code and to make it show on the Build Analyzer memory region section.

If you have an application note to refer to it would be great.

ThankYou

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Have a look at the TouchGFX Board Setup available in TouchGFX Designer 4.17 for the STM32F412 discovery board (revision E is the latest so look at this one). It has SDRAM set. What toolchain/IDE are you using ? Guessing STM32CubeIDE, so look at the STM32F429IZITX_FLASH.ld file where the SRAM is defined and the TouchGFX framebuffer set in it (for the other toolchains you also have linker files set). I do not have an application note to refer to sorry but going through this TBS and all the setting can be helpful 😅.

/Romain

Riccardo Franceschetto
Associate III

Hi,

I looke into the file you specified my, after i add the sdram lenght in to the code, ande after configuring all the fmc parameters, am i good to go?

You should be able to look at the output configuration code and make a determination if the rows, columns, banks and data bus width look to be consistent.

For timing, you'd need to back compute the ticks vs the FMC clock, and make sure the time meets or exceeds the data specifications.

Usually people do this kind of board-bring-up independently of the TouchGFX, etc, and do a small app that configures and tests the memory. Should be some SDRAM examples amongst the DISCO and EVAL boards which should be reasonably enlightening.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Riccardo Franceschetto
Associate III

Thank you, looking into it.