cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware video decoding problem.

ABURM
Associate III

Hi guys.

I've been trying to work hardware video decoding for a few days but it doesn't work. Latest situation is as follows:

I think I made all the settings correctly.

1- Enable JPEG.

2- Enable MDMA channel 6 and 7 for JPEG output fifo - input fifo.

3- Enable NVIC.

4- Add videotask in RTOS.

5- Enable hardware decode.

6- Select video decoding strategy ==> double buffer.

7- Add linker code in to STM32H7B3LIHXQ_FLASH.ld for Video_RGB_Buffer.

Thats all.

But video decoding only works in software direct to framebuffer mode and 480x272 resolution. It doesn't work hardware decoding.

Do you have any ideas for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ABURM
Associate III

I solved the problem. I still couldn't run it in single and double buffer mode but hardware decoding works in direct to framebuffer mode and also plays videos at 800x480 resolution. As for how I did it, (even though I use the latest versions) i completely removed the cubeide, cubemx and touchgfx programs from the PC.I downloaded the latest versions of all of them and installed them again.I think there is something unstable in the STM system. 

I think the problem of single and double buffer modes not working is related to RTOS. To get the best performance, I will try to run it in double buffer mode. I am using IS42S32800J-6BLI SDRAM. I think this will be enough for this mode. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ABURM
Associate III

I solved the problem. I still couldn't run it in single and double buffer mode but hardware decoding works in direct to framebuffer mode and also plays videos at 800x480 resolution. As for how I did it, (even though I use the latest versions) i completely removed the cubeide, cubemx and touchgfx programs from the PC.I downloaded the latest versions of all of them and installed them again.I think there is something unstable in the STM system. 

I think the problem of single and double buffer modes not working is related to RTOS. To get the best performance, I will try to run it in double buffer mode. I am using IS42S32800J-6BLI SDRAM. I think this will be enough for this mode.