Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardfault on STM32F769 using TouchGFX

pascalous
Associate II

hi

I use touchgfx 4.24 , STM32CubeIDE 1.16 and STM32cubeMX 6.12

I do a project with touchgfx, I import it on cubeide, no problems to launch it on the card (STM32F769I-DISCO)

I make a modification ( uart 5) on the file ioc and the bilioteque (newlib rentrand) as requested by CubeMX. When I launch after compilation I have an error, of type MemManage_Handler
I do not see mistake that I could have comeate.
Who can help me?

thank

16 REPLIES 16

Hello @pascalous and thank you for the sharing.

I reproduced the behavior and seems doesn't have a link to USART activation but to the TouchGFX task itself.

Attached your project where I commented out all the code not related to the TouchGFX, increased the Stack size, optimization to None. Still having the issue. Checked MPU config, I don't see any issue 

I think better to move this topic to TouchGFX forum so TouchGFX team can help you.

@GaetanGodart, could you help on this topic?

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your return, SofLit

I repeat subject. a solution?

pascalous
Associate II

hi

update perform the issue persists
I can’t use my STM32F769I-DISCO card with wifi module and touchgfx
Is there another method?

Hello @pascalous ,

I would guess it is an issue with FreeRTOS actually.

Can you try to activate your UART5, but when do not fix the warning about NEWLIB_REENTRANT, when STM32CubeMX asks you "Do you still want to generate code", just click "Yes".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

It works, thank you for your help

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

I am glad it fixed your issue!

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)