cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI Freezes on Target Board.

AKetc
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I have developed a GUI based on STM32F769I-DISCO Board. The GUI works perfectly fine on the TouchGFX simulator. It also flashes perfectly inside the target board. However, in my GUI, I have added a code such that when a certain button is pressed, a Custom Keyboard pops up (becomes visible). The keyboard is my custom designed on the custom container and added in the Main Screen. The keyboard works great in simulator. However, on target board, as soon as I press the button, the GUI Freezes and never resumes until I reset the board. It then again resumes whenever the keyboard is supposed to pop-up. Any suggestions or ideas as to why this might be happening??

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
AKetc
Associate III

I also tried one more thing, adding the keyboard and then leaving it visible ​on UI at the start of screen. What happened was that UI froze as soon as it flashed. This clearly means the UI is not able to display the keyboard for some reason.

AKetc
Associate III

Any thoughts on this? @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

AKetc
Associate III

Any suggestions? @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

AKetc
Associate III

@Martin KJELDSEN​ I seem to have found the problem. It lies with the fact that there are too many elements on my custom keyboard. I experimented by removing 15 Keyboard buttons and Keyboard began displaying on the MainView without any hassle or crash.

Is there any method where I can display all of the buttons without the UI freezing or crashing?

Hi, I'm having the same problem, and removing elements fixes it for me too. Did you have find a solution that allowed you to put back the extra elements?

Edit: I ended up fixing the issue I was having by going into the IOC file and doubling the FreeRTOS heap size from 15360 to 30720, and increasing the stack size of the default task from 2048 to 4096. Code that previously froze the chip presumably due to having too many textboxes on screen ran fine after doing this.

Hi @AKetc​,

Extremely sorry i've missed this. It's becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of all the loose threads and things i need to keep updated on.

As @Michael K​ mentions, the complexity of your current view/presenter pair will impact the requirement on task stack / freertos heap.

/Martin