Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating an application for STM32H757I-Eval using TouchGFX

Aarra.1
Senior

Hello,

I'm new to TouchGFX software.

I'm trying to use the display for the STM32H757I-Eval board.

I have configured a GUI template using the TouchGFX software. Below is the procedure I followed:

Using STM32CUBEMX in the default mode and enabled the TouchGFX and specified the dimensions of the board for the STM32H757I-eval board.

Then generated the STM32 cube IDE code.

Now from STM32 cube ide I opened the TouchGFX .part file and selected the blank UI and selected some parameters and generated the code.

Next when I built the code I am receiving the following errors.

14:50:09 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project DEMO_DISPLAY_CM4 ****

make -j4 all 

arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu++14 -g3 -DDEBUG -DCORE_CM4 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H757xx -c -I../TouchGFX/App -I../TouchGFX/target/generated -I../TouchGFX/target -I../Core/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.d" -MT"TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.o"

arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu++14 -g3 -DDEBUG -DCORE_CM4 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H757xx -c -I../TouchGFX/App -I../TouchGFX/target/generated -I../TouchGFX/target -I../Core/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.d" -MT"TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.o"

arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu++14 -g3 -DDEBUG -DCORE_CM4 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H757xx -c -I../TouchGFX/App -I../TouchGFX/target/generated -I../TouchGFX/target -I../Core/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.d" -MT"TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.o"

arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu++14 -g3 -DDEBUG -DCORE_CM4 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H757xx -c -I../TouchGFX/App -I../TouchGFX/target/generated -I../TouchGFX/target -I../Core/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.d" -MT"TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.o"

In file included from ../TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.cpp:20:

../TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.hpp:23:10: fatal error: platform/driver/touch/TouchController.hpp: No such file or directory

23 | #include <platform/driver/touch/TouchController.hpp>

|     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp:17:10: fatal error: texts/TypedTextDatabase.hpp: No such file or directory

17 | #include <texts/TypedTextDatabase.hpp>

|     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

../TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.cpp:19:10: fatal error: touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp: No such file or directory

19 | #include <touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp>

|     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from ../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp:18:

../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.hpp:20:10: fatal error: touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp: No such file or directory

20 | #include <touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp>

|     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

compilation terminated.

compilation terminated.

compilation terminated.

make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.o] Error 1

make: *** [TouchGFX/target/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/STM32TouchController.o] Error 1

make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.o] Error 1

"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

I am aware of the fact that TouchGFX does not generate the cube ide and cube mx files for the STM32H747I-eval ...... or does it?

Whereas I can see that all the files have been included successfully in the directory.

Please provide a solution on how can I create a project using touchGFX for STM32H757i-eval board.

Or if there is any other softwares that I can use for the same.

Hoping for a reply soon.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What is your display interface ? Are you using the display given with the board or a custom one ? As you can see from the error message it cannot find TouchController.cpp or other files , so maybe have a look at the library path settings in STM32CubeIDE. I am still not that used to dual cores so it might be a bit annoying .

Concerning the STM32H747-eval the current version of the TBS is not based on STM32CubeMX. There are also no STM32CubeIDE project associated. A new version of the TBS should hopefully come out in the coming month. Meanwhile the TBS for the STM32H747-disco does contain a STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE project so you can use it as source of inspiration to configure your board for now as they are using the same display (to double check I may be wrong).

/Romain

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What is your display interface ? Are you using the display given with the board or a custom one ? As you can see from the error message it cannot find TouchController.cpp or other files , so maybe have a look at the library path settings in STM32CubeIDE. I am still not that used to dual cores so it might be a bit annoying .

Concerning the STM32H747-eval the current version of the TBS is not based on STM32CubeMX. There are also no STM32CubeIDE project associated. A new version of the TBS should hopefully come out in the coming month. Meanwhile the TBS for the STM32H747-disco does contain a STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE project so you can use it as source of inspiration to configure your board for now as they are using the same display (to double check I may be wrong).

/Romain

MM..1
Chief II

Report your versions IDE MX TGFX ...

Hello sir,

Thank you for the quick response.

I'm using the display given with the board.

I have checked the library path settings too and all the files are included.

Thank you for your response I will surely look into this.

Regards.

Hello,

Following are the software versions that I'm using.

STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0

TouchGFX 4.17.0

STM32CubemX 6.3.0

Regards.