cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash-time from cube ide to a board (TouchGFX)

Roman REITER
Associate III

Hello,

I'm using a stm32f7508-DK and so far I've only created a small gui (a page with a few functions). As I added more widgets and containers, the time to flash the board increased enormously. is that normal?? 1:46 min..

0693W00000Y8rA6QAJ.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

As MM said the loading of the fonts and images can take more and more time depending on the size of the project.

You can actually skip this step if you have not changed any assets in the meantime. Can you access this link ? Otherwise I'll write it down as well.

/Romain

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Yes fonts and images

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

As MM said the loading of the fonts and images can take more and more time depending on the size of the project.

You can actually skip this step if you have not changed any assets in the meantime. Can you access this link ? Otherwise I'll write it down as well.

/Romain

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

First of all, check sector erase time (datasheet of external flash). Erasing about 200 sectors contributes a significant part of flash time. Mass erase could be a little faster.

Another major obstacle is the integrated STLink-V2 with at most 4 MHz SWD clock. An STLink-V3 with 12 or even 24MHz would give some speedup. But attaching it is somewhat unpleasant: Either short SB11 to hold the internal STLink in reset and attach the external one via SB14 to SB17 or open SB14 to SB17 and attach the external one via target side of SB14 to SB17. (Not to forget GND).This can be done with thin enameled copper wire ...

But anyway, external flash is used due to possibly enormous capacity, this obviously comes with some drawback.

Thank you, are right. the more images are transferred, the longer the flash process takes.

For save place change image formats to L8 variants (need prepared pngs)

and fonts less bits . Too you use MCU with slim internal flash.