cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

examples do not build out of MOOC - STM32 Graphics Workshop.

CSche.4
Associate III

for example project 'STM32H7BWorkshop2020_labs12345' in zip file 'MOOC - STM32 Graphics Workshop' does not compile under STM32CubeIDE 1.7. TouchGFX 4.17 will build but not simulate.

What is wrong?

9 REPLIES 9

Probably need a contemporary version of the tools/libraries. Or a refresh of the workshop files to current expectations

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CSche.4
Associate III

Thanks for quick answer.

where do I find the correct tools/libraries? I thought I had the latest.

the workshop zip file is also freshly downloaded.

Right, but the current version of the tools didn't exist in 2020

Perhaps the MOOC is more specific about the version they used, at the time it was created. Download THAT version.

Or wait to see if Martin has some newer version or insight..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CSche.4
Associate III

Is there someone that can download MOOC and build on the latest revision? it does not seem productive to down grade. Any answer from Martin.

It must be a setting or library that is missing or and error in installation.

Hi,

Could you share the link to the MOOC so I could have a look ? We (the touchGFX team) are not the ones who made that MOOC nor maintain it. As Tesla Delorean said it was made with previous versions of the tools, TouchGFX 4.13 if I remember correctly, and lots of changes have been made since.

I still believe it should be easy to follow the MOOC but starting a project with TouchGFX 4.16.1 instead (TouchGFX 4.17 had a redesign of the TouchGFX Designer so it might be a bit more complicated to follow if new to the tool). I'll report it to the people who made that MOOC as well once I'll try it.

/Romain

CSche.4
Associate III

here you go:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11tKCY7k9lNX-Yy6uLG163kU3B3QDA-RH

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/learning/stm32-education/stm32-moocs/STM32_Graphics_Workshop.html

Yes, it looks like 4.17 has had a great many updates made to it. It makes more sense to work out what is needed to update the MOOC workshop. Anything you can discovery and pass on is greatly appreciated to move with 4.17.

Any workshops using the newest 4.17? I might have to revert to 4.16.1 just to get my project off the ground.

There are no "real" hands-on for that MOOC since you start a project from scratch no ? I havn't gone through the entirety of it but you should be able to follow the MOOC while using TouchGFX 4.16.1. There are no ST workshop using 4.17 at the moment, only presentation/guide videos. It should still be possible to follow the MOOC but will require more digging by yourself or use the documentation to help navigate in the new TouchGFX Designer.

EDIT: went a bit further in the MOOC and yes there seems to have some files needed for the rest, I 'll download it and have a look.

/Romain

CSche.4
Associate III

True, the workshop starts from scratch but not entirely. The Graphical stuff seems to work fine from scratch. The buried C code is what is the problem. The project 'STM32H7BWorkshop2020_labs12345' (MOOC - STM32 Graphics Workshop-20210923T215022Z-001.zip\Projects.zip\) is the finial project with accumulations of all, also with selective compile options. This is what does not compile, as well as its predecessors. What is the point of using 4.17 if I am forced to use 4.16.1. Granted I am new to this software, but it just makes it harder to learn when 'out-of-the-box' things do now work. I am trying to determine if it is my insulation or something else. Thanks Again!

You are not forced to use 4.16.1 😅 it was just a suggestion as you are new to the tool and it has the same look and feel as most of the online guides and tutorials made by ST or other users. The MOOC was not created nor is maintained by the TouchGFX team, but the examples, demos and board specific demos available in TouchGFX Designer all work. You have short tutorials in the TouchGFX documentation as well which you can follow to get a first grasp of how to work with 4.17.

/Romain